Introduction Thread

Anything related to the Sauerbraten community.
TheLiquorSnurf
Playstyle: fragger

Introduction Thread

Post by TheLiquorSnurf »

The goal of this post is simple, introduce yourselves to the clan formally. Old or new members join in and tell us about yourselves.

I'll start.

Hi folks,

I am TheLiquorSnurf, or in the real life, Robert. I have played Sauer for years and love the game for its simplicity and small community. In the real world I am a college student working towards a bachelor's in management information systems. At work I was in restaurant management for almost two years but decided to leave that behind once I started going to school full time, I am currently looking for an internship to gain experience for my post college career.

I spend a great deal of my time with my best friends, one of whom is my roommate, we like to play a myriad of pc games in our free time. We recently have been playing BF4 and the Witcher 3 again, but we do seem to always mix in ARMA 3, Skyrim, L4D2, and a few others. My friends and I are big Dungeons and Dragons fans and we also play other tabletop games typically influenced by whatever anime or show we've been watching. Right now we are juggling a Game of Thrones D6 campaign and a Naruto D20 campaign. We are also writing a homebrew campaign for DnD in some more of our free time.

I have always been involved with technology since I can remember, my earliest toys were put aside for a basket of extension cords and no longer functioning small electronics. As I grew I moved on to worthless laptops and dead towers for my entertainment, of course I had to mix in some toy guns because fuck I am a Texan after all. My father built up a rather large portfolio during the .com bubble, and for the past 11 years he has run his own web development business, under his tutelage I built my first webpage at 10 years old. Since then my interest in the web and computers has grown even more and more recently I got into high end system building. I have built gaming rigs for all my friends and of course my own systems. I take full credit for getting my buds into pc gaming and for their new obsession with hardware.

I do have interests outside of computers and gaming, I am a musician and a social drinker. I play guitar, bass, keyboard, drums, and am very fluent with the DAW Logic Pro X. I have been in several highschool bands but now I just work on my own solo stuff. As far as drinking is concerned, I tend to put my liver in harms way during the movie nights or extended netflix/HBO sessions with friends. I do also enjoy drinking on the lake or by the pool with lots of people during the summer, I rarely drink alone hence I why I am a social drinker. My current goals for life are to graduate college and get a decent job so I can work towards my masters at the same time. Down the road I will grow my fathers business and others, I am blessed with ambition and connections and through that I will be a successful entrapanuer one day.

My Setup:

i5 4690k (liquid cooled and OC to 4.6GHZ)
MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (OC to 2100mhz)
16GB DDR3
500GB EVO 850 m.2 SSD
240GB EVO 850 SSD
120GB PNY SSD
2TB WD Black HDD

Acer predator 27" 1440p 144hz PRIMARY DISPLAY
LG IPS SRGB 27" 4k SECONDARY DISPLAY

beyerdynamic dt990 pro (gaming headphones)

Corsair STRAFE RBG Keyboard
Corsair M65 Mouse

Logitech 1080p webcam

MacBook Pro 15" retina (mid 2014, 11,3, 2.5GHZ)

UAD Apollo Twin

sennheiser hd 380 (music headphones)

Agile 3100 White Les Paul with p90s
Washburn Semi-hollow
Ibanez RG series
Takamine Acoustic
Fender American Standard Strat
Epiphone Thunderbird Bass
Epiphone SG bass

Carvin Nomad Tube Amp
A shit ton of pedals

My soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/tommy-kyser/sets/crimson

EDIT:

origin: RobCockThrob
steam: TheLiquorSnurf
curse: King_Hitler
Last edited by TheLiquorSnurf on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the liquor"
Night_Hawk
Leaders

Re: Introduction Thread

Post by Night_Hawk »

Alright, my turn...

I am Night_Hawk, real life Caleb. I started playing sauer about 7 years ago all the way back in Trooper Version, then went through Justice Edition and the start of Collect, then i sort of got in some immature acts that landed me in deep water with everyone hating me, so i decided to get off and focus on school (not really) and sport.. Then this year i came back after Death14 inboxing me asking me to check out va.. In the real world, i currently go to a Sport school, studying to work in an AFL Club (Aussie Rules) hoping for marketing, or something similar as i have interest in marketing and graphic design. My aim is to study through year 11, 12 and 13 (Diploma) in which i get a diploma in Community Activities (Sport and Recreation) then goto Universisty for either a marketing or business course of some type and then in the future i would like to open up my own business.

I spend alot of my spare time either with a few mates, or chilling by myself playing Xbox, i really enjoy playing Car Racing games, such as Formula 1, Forza and sometimes i play Shooters such as COD, and Battlefield. In the future i would like to get a gaming PC, which i'd use for Sauer, my racing games and a few more, i would also love to get Arma 3 as a few of us play it and it seems really nice and realistic.

My interests outside of computers/electronics are Sport, such as AFL is the only big one, i have played football (what us aussies call afl) for 9 1/2 years, and have racked up 130 games, i have done little things for football to get taught how to execute the skills for a few years.I also have a big interest in Motorsport, i don't mind Formula 1, i will watch it only if it's on during the day or early night for me, i also am a big fan of V8 Supercars or Supercars as they call it now, i tend to visit 1-2 races a year depending on the time that it is on but next year i'm looking at attending 4-5 events. Also in the next few years im looking at competing in Go-Karts then work my way up into a more professional class and see where it takes me.
I also tend to hang out with a few mates on the school holidays and some weekends just mucking around, soon enough i will be going for cruises around Melbourne as i get my license in February.

My goals are to Finish my school, finish my uni course while working for the AFL in my desired team, then hope to open up my own business. I would also like to purchase land/houses and rent them out to make some cash, or i would one day like to loan out a factory, then rent that out and just purchase more once the other is paid off etc.. As factories are a good source of income.

So uh my Setup:

MacBook 13inch 2011.
idk any other stuff

Xbox one
Thrusmaster 458 Italia Steering Wheel and Pedals (soon getting Logitech G920)
DXRacer Race seat with Custom made simulator.

and thats all... Looking to start a YouTube channel in a few months too, just need some cash and i will have it set up covering Racing Games, maybe Sauer ;) and a few COD/Battlefield videos.
ZobErZ

Post by ZobErZ »

Aright ill go
My name is Ryan Miller aka ZobErZ or Zob (also go by Storm sometimes) I am from Pennsylvania in Allentown and I am 17 years old. I am going into my 7th year of halo and am in a competitive clan for it. I have never went into another state for it but I have been in finals in Pennsylvania facing players from around the United States. I am also in the va clan but that should be fairly obvious :D I have been playing cube 2 for almost 2 years now. I played on the justice edition under the name DaRKZz and played that for a year. So now I'm playing collect because justice died so I am pretty new to collect. Playing cube people in justice proudly called me on of the best insta ctf players on the game. Now on collect, everyone is really good but I can still express all of my skill. Now that I have been in va for about 4 weeks now, I am being taught by some of my friends and very good players in effic. I'm getting better and better. I hope to have a much experience in this game as I can so I guess you could say that I'll be playing a while :D

I am a teenage lifter for the state of Pennsylvania, have been in national finals and came in second place a couple times never first lol.
Weight class-145-150
Max Bench-220
Max Squat-390
Max leg press-700
Max Deadlift-465
So I have been lifting since i was 12 or 13 don't remember.

When i'm not lifting,playing halo or cube2, I play on my xbox sometimes. I am actually in a clan for Rainbow Six siege(the game I play the most on xbox1) I am very good and that as well. I love the Tom Clancy series. I played almost all the games, rainbow six vegas, double agent,splinter cell blacklist(my favorite tom Clancy game and best game),conviction and now rainbow six siege.

Sooo, video games aside, I love hanging out with my homies so you all come on down to Pennsylvania ill show you a good time! Yeah I like to party. Partying is so fun cause a lot of dumb stuff happens :D . Don't worry I don't do drugs xD I just have a good time, which is why i say... DRUGS ARE BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH STAY HEALTHY!!.(I will say this every time I gotta leave game). Hobbies I have are, hiking/birdwatching, playing sports,and traveling. I love the outdoors and getting exercise is the best thing for your body. I love to travel. Seeing all the different states and country's are very cool. I traveled all around the world! i went to many states in the united states, I went to Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland,England, AUSTRALIA!! FOR ALL YOU AUSSIES IN THE CLAN(pretty much everyone except rudi, snuff and some more i cant think of) Australia is very cool,the food, the places, the great barrier reef, the birds are cool. Seeing the Kookaburra was really cool. I would love to live there. I didn't like France(no offense to anyone who if from there in va|. Because i'm a picky eater and not a lot of food i liked their xDDD. I would be cool to see some of you guys in person haha but theres Skype or team speak for that. Add me on Skype(ZobErZ)

I am graduating from school in a year and I want to go to school to study either law enforcement or physical therapy. So i have some time until i go to collage. I currently go to salisbury High school in Pennsylvania so come on down here!

My set up..
Macbook Pro
13inch laptop

about to get a razor mouse for it

soon next year I hope to get an alien wear PC computer with a razor keyboard

not sure anything about that other stuff like hawk said haha
I really want my own gamer lair, so 18th birthday i am going to buy all that stuff.

i hope to see you all in game! and remember DRUGS ARE BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH STAY HEALTHY!!!!

GO ZOB I CHOSE YOU!!!

PS-if anyone knows how to get sauertracker under my name, please PM me because i need it under my name!
When you lose, you get better. When you win you practice more!

Night_Hawk
Leaders

Post by Night_Hawk »

ZobErZ wrote:Aright ill go
My name is Ryan Miller aka ZobErZ or Zob (also go by Storm sometimes) I am from Pennsylvania in Allentown and I am 17 years old. I am going into my 7th year of halo and am in a competitive clan for it. I have never went into another state for it but I have been in finals in Pennsylvania facing players from around the United States. I am also in the va clan but that should be fairly obvious :D I have been playing cube 2 for almost 2 years now. I played on the justice edition under the name DaRKZz and played that for a year. So now I'm playing collect because justice died so I am pretty new to collect. Playing cube people in justice proudly called me on of the best insta ctf players on the game. Now on collect, everyone is really good but I can still express all of my skill. Now that I have been in va for about 4 weeks now, I am being taught by some of my friends and very good players in effic. I'm getting better and better. I hope to have a much experience in this game as I can so I guess you could say that I'll be playing a while :D

I am a teenage lifter for the state of Pennsylvania, have been in national finals and came in second place a couple times never first lol.
Weight class-145-150
Max Bench-220
Max Squat-390
Max leg press-700
Max Deadlift-465
So I have been lifting since i was 12 or 13 don't remember.

When i'm not lifting,playing halo or cube2, I play on my xbox sometimes. I am actually in a clan for Rainbow Six siege(the game I play the most on xbox1) I am very good and that as well. I love the Tom Clancy series. I played almost all the games, rainbow six vegas, double agent,splinter cell blacklist(my favorite tom Clancy game and best game),conviction and now rainbow six siege.

Sooo, video games aside, I love hanging out with my homies so you all come on down to Pennsylvania ill show you a good time! Yeah I like to party. Partying is so fun cause a lot of dumb stuff happens :D . Don't worry I don't do drugs xD I just have a good time, which is why i say... DRUGS ARE BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH STAY HEALTHY!!.(I will say this every time I gotta leave game). Hobbies I have are, hiking/birdwatching, playing sports,and traveling. I love the outdoors and getting exercise is the best thing for your body. I love to travel. Seeing all the different states and country's are very cool. I traveled all around the world! i went to many states in the united states, I went to Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland,England, AUSTRALIA!! FOR ALL YOU AUSSIES IN THE CLAN(pretty much everyone except rudi, snuff and some more i cant think of) Australia is very cool,the food, the places, the great barrier reef, the birds are cool. Seeing the Kookaburra was really cool. I would love to live there. I didn't like France(no offense to anyone who if from there in va|. Because i'm a picky eater and not a lot of food i liked their xDDD. I would be cool to see some of you guys in person haha but theres Skype or team speak for that. Add me on Skype(ZobErZ)

I am graduating from school in a year and I want to go to school to study either law enforcement or physical therapy. So i have some time until i go to collage. I currently go to salisbury High school in Pennsylvania so come on down here!

My set up..
Macbook Pro
13inch laptop

about to get a razor mouse for it

soon next year I hope to get an alien wear PC computer with a razor keyboard

not sure anything about that other stuff like hawk said haha
I really want my own gamer lair, so 18th birthday i am going to buy all that stuff.

i hope to see you all in game! and remember DRUGS ARE BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH STAY HEALTHY!!!!

GO ZOB I CHOSE YOU!!!

PS-if anyone knows how to get sauertracker under my name, please PM me because i need it under my name!
Whats your xbox gamertag? Ill add you xD
To get sauertracker heres the link thing

No spaces
Should work
ZobErZ

Post by ZobErZ »

ryanm2415 xD nooby name haha and ok ill try it

ZobErZ

Post by ZobErZ »

so i tried and i says error player or clan not found

ZobErZ

Post by ZobErZ »

it only works if i do zoberz but my better stats are on Zob

Infinity
Recruitment Officer
Playstyle: map/frag

Post by Infinity »

Add me too on xbox one I'm AptInfinity XD
Never give up.. You just say you can't but you can if you put your mind in the right place
DeathStar
Leaders

Post by DeathStar »

Glad to see you guys are staying active on here :).

About me
I am a college student and have studied at numerous technology conferences featured at UCLA, UC Berkeley and CSUN. I recently enrolled in SMC and am studying to complete my masters degree in computer science. I am looking to expand my online youtube channel with a diverse, capable group of members online.
I see VoxelArmy as an amazing clan with awesome members that could grow even bigger.
Last edited by DeathStar on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fredd
Recruitment Officer

Post by Fredd »

Im Fredd (In game) My real name is Freddy

back in 2010 my brother started to play sauer, he got me into the game and i thank him everyday for that :D but i played for 2 years and i got bored of beating everyone so i have a break i was not intending it to be 4 years long... I came back to sauer 2years later and found that the gameplay was different and the community died down i kept playing and i got good again and then i meet Rudi and Deathstar and decided to apply and now im in the best community of people in sauer :D.

A bit about my self.

I am only young and hopeing to do good with my life i am 13 years old and go to Marist College Ashgrove (All Boys School) at school i do my best so that i can come home and talk and play with these awesome people. I enjoy sport i made the 2nd best team for my year grade in cricket when i am not playing sauer im enjoying a swim in my pool or hanging out with friends. I also enjoy taking photos i just go on a walk with my camera and take photos

My Setup (Imm post a pic (A Few)

I have a old 2010 office pc that runs sauer smoothly at 100fps
i have a Ajass ak33 mechanical keyboard (If your on ts with my you can probs hear it xD)
I use a logitech g602 wireless gaming mouse.
i have two 20" screens on being and Asus and the other is a Samsung :d
my heatset is a pair of beat solo 2's i used to be into music and i would make my own music but that was long ago, these headphones come in hand for ts and rocking out to loud music :d
i have a Bose speaker for when i have mates over so we can annoy the poeple next to us with loud music ;D

PICS

Fredd has 4 letters divide that by 12, thats 3. A triangle has 4 sides maths legend right here